Saturday, September 09, 2006


As the first week of classes has come to a close, I have already begun to feel the stretching that will take place over the next year. During the first few days we were told that we would be stretched beyond what we normally experience. The first week of classes emphasized leadership and coming outside of our comfort zones. The teachers have definitely challenged us in many ways so far. During this time we were able to meet a great group of people from all over the world. The students at the college come from 51 nations around the world! As for the church itself the pace is fast and furious. As college students we are very involved with the running of the church. We serve in different ministries. I am invovled in security, logistics (set up and tear down for meetings), Impact kids (an inner city outreach), and Powerhouse which is the youth service for 18-25 year olds. Lindsey will be serving along side of me with the Impact kids ministry. We are excited serving together. Pray that God's love shines through us as we go out into the community.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited for you two! Ummm any news about this job buisness? Thanks so much for calling me and singing the most beautimus birthday song I have ever heard! Were you two in the middle of sleeping, you sounded pretty tired! I am working on tracking down a phone card here....just you wait! Dun dun dun da da da.....cha chink! Love you!!!!!!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Bryonm said...

I love reading your updates. I'm excited for you guys. I'm praying for you, too.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mom misses you! How are we going to stand a year without you? Iam baking a n apple crisp to take to an retirement home. We bring lunch and a program to them every few months. ( our connection group at church, not just Dad and I!) I cleaned out closets yesterday, then went to Penny's and bought 3 new pillows for the marshmellow, sheets for our bed






















.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home