Monday, August 28, 2006












As I sit here on the eve of a new chapter in my life I am overwhelmed with a sense of God's faithfulness. A desire burned into my heart nearly three years ago is going to start being fulfilled in less than a day. We all have these burns or dreams, deep desires that we are scared to reach for. We push them down or move them aside too scared to reach for the impossible. What if they are just my own desires? What if I try and fail? We have a thousand excuses why we shouldn't... A thousand reasons why we should go back to normal, why we should play it safe. What if we dared to dream... dared to accomplish the impossible... dared to live lives which are bigger than ourselves and what we can do on our own. That my friends is what living is all about. Doing things which we can't possibly do on our own. Stepping off a cliff with no one to catch us except God. Daring to reach for what is deep within us. What if we dared to live our lives as big as our God truly is? What a life that would be...

nate

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryonm said...

Great post.

I'm moved by this picture. One thing the church lacks are "twenty-somethings" with passion for God and vision for ministry/service.

That picture posted with your words communicates volumes... this is the kind of life and heart God (the Potter) will shape to impact a generation...

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home