Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hello once again... We just got back from a family trip to the movies. We saw Blood Diamond... Great movie but pretty hard to watch. Anyway here is a trailer for the documentary Invisible Children. The documentary is about the child soldier problems in Uganda. I came across it a few weeks ago and it has really impacted Lindsey and I. This is one of the big projects Hillsong is trying to make a difference in this year. Check out their website for more info... A great quote which has impacted us from Hillsong's Vision Sunday is "we can't do everything, but we must do something"

http://www.invisiblechilren.com


nate


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, I know, I saw this a few years ago...you'll never forget that one! That's awesome that ya'lls church is getting involved with that. So glad your internet is up and running!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Bryonm said...

Nate:

I have friends in mnistry that have built a compound in Northern Uganda (Kitgum)to provide refuge for "night commuter" children. Let me know if you want anymore info about the organization. They've been working with victims of the Lord's Resistance Army in Northern Uganda and South Sudan for close to ten years.

See www.farreachingministries.org for more inf. This is the group I worked with when I was in Africa...

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home