Saturday, December 02, 2006


Wow... I can't believe that we have been over in Australia for almost half a year. Time has passed quickly. While being over here there has been one topic which God has taught us a lot about through many different ways. It has been the topic of sermons we have listened to, we have read about it in books, and we have been challenged to show it in our interaction with our students and people in the community.

"The world can do almost anything as well as or better than the church. You need not be a Christian to build houses, feed the hungry, or heal the sick. There is only one thing the world cannot do. It cannot offer grace." (Gordon MacDonald)

This quote from Philip Yancey's What's So Amazing About Grace? has challenged us to live our lives differently. We have been challeneged to live our lives as a conduit, where the grace we have so freely received flows out from within us to a hurting world.

We miss you all and look forward to seeing you all again!!! Happy Holidays!

nate

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate, Lindsey, I just want to say that I miss you guys. I hope your Thanksgiving was nice. Nothing like a good game of Settlers to say Happy Turkey Day. Stace and I had Subway for Thanksgiving in New Zealand. It was classy. Anyway, just wanted to say hey. Hope all is well. Keep in touch and look for a package one of these days. -- Mahalo from Maui, Lynn

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!!!! You all are getting more recent in your blog posts! I told you all that I am a stalker of my two favorite lil Aussie explorers! Love love love. Sweet quotes!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bryonm said...

I love Yancey's books...

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home