Monday, September 21, 2009

Just about two months until race day and we have kicked the training up a notch. I ran 11 miles over the weekend (5 on Friday and 6 on Sunday) and ran 4 times during an 8 day span. Man I totally can identify with all the problems serious runners experience from the aches and pains in the knees and feet, to the chafing, blistering, and soreness of random parts of your body. We still are averaging about a 10 minute mile pace over our runs. We will have to continue to push the distance up over the next 6 weeks or so. It seems that we are running at a better pace but then a few weeks ago but our times haven't improved all that much. I am so proud of Lindsey as she has become a champ on these runs and has been pushing me. She will tell anyone how much she hates to run yet is killing all of our training runs. Here is a picture of Andy Bernard from the office. This is from the Office's fourth season premier where the gang does the "Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run For The Cure." I can totally identify with the problem he faced while running. I got a kick while thinking back on the episode during a 6 mile run and experiencing some discomfort that Andy was fearful of. I will leave you with this quote from the episode... "Why run for rabies? Because it's "the foaming, barking killer," that's why."

Nate



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home